What is Skills2Compete Maryland?
- Skills2Compete Maryland (S2C) is Governor O'Malley's vision for Marylanders to gain the skills and credentials they need to get good jobs with family supporting wages.
- Workers with middle-skills (have training or education beyond high school, but do not have a bachelor's degree) and high-skills (have at least a bachelor's degree) tend to earn more money and have lower unemployment rates than workers who do not have training or education beyond high school.
- A strong majority of the projected job openings in Maryland will be for middle-skill or high-skill jobs.
Median Annual Earnings in Maryland by Education Attainment - 2011
- Manufacturing in Maryland is thriving in new ways - Baltimore Business Journal
- State Announces Implementation Grant Awards for EARN Maryland Workforce Training Initiative
- Operation Hire: Maryland's 100 Day Veteran Hiring Challenge Begins
- Mikulski: Roundtable aims to keep, grow Maryland's cyber security workforce - Baltimore Business Journal
- Md. launches cybersecurity industry forum - Associated Press
Calendar of Events
- Find out about job fairs, open houses and other career events in Maryland.